Sunday, August 16, 2015

Non-Violent Communication: Hypersensitivity Demystified for Me

I have always been hypersensitive. To the beauties of nature, to the love from my friends, to the smiles of strangers, and most unfortunately, to the not so easy stuff.

I was determined to improve and to disregard my feelings and thoughts as hypersensitive crap, when I started off attending these NVC sessions. There, they taught us to be aware of our feelings and accept them as important. It was the opposite of what I had wanted to learn.

It was difficult, super-intense, boy! The last session I attended, it was the first time it was a two day session instead of just one.

I got fever on Monday, could not go to work on Tuesday, went to Appollo hospital on Wednesday where the Dr suspected pneumonia! Woah! False alarm!

And today, Sunday, as you go out with your boyfriend or girlfriend, or play with your baby, I am working from home to compensate for all that leave.

But I'm glad. You know why? Because that intense stuff helped me decide feelings are normal and OK. And I need not make every day self-improvement day.

After the fever, I'm feeling healthier.

Attend an NVC session guys, and do the activities, especially if you tend to dismiss your feelings as silly, but they still bother you tons.

And as usual, to sign off, I talk about the wonderful work my friend Ananado Chatterjee, so wise he was born with an NVC spoon in his mouth, is doing for no profit with the Hank Nunn Institute, named after Hank Nunn, a Canadian guy we all call dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment