Saturday, August 15, 2015

As Good As You Get

Self Improvement. Everyday a self-improvement day. Every moment a self-improvement moment. Is that you?

Well, that certainly was me. Until I said, "What if this is as good as I get? What if this is how improved I get, and no further?"

I was scared. But then, I waited. Waited to make the social faux pas I am so good at. Made one. The usual demons gnashed their teeth at me. To make them go, I made it self-improvement moment again. "But wait!" said I. And faced my demons bravely. Boy, was it difficult! I felt so guilty there was a social error in my thinking, and I was going to do my best not to improve!

Since then, I have done that many times. Am I happier? No. Wiser? No. But do I think I'll soon be? Yes. Because one thing has changed. Ever since I decided to accept my flaws and agree to not improve them, I am able to be more accepting of other people.

What a blessing!

Do you need to give up the endless self improvement quest, too?

Well, then stop improving and start living.

Goodbye, and do not forget to visit the Hank Nunn Institute page to see what fun we had there lately. If you or a loved one is suffering mentally and needs to get independent, do contact the Hank Nunn Institute. Also, we need funds and volunteers. Do join in if you're good with that. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment